Jay's homepage

Monday, April 10, 2006

After reading about the Amish

The Amish's history and American history have some relation. They just want to keep their strict and simple life, hence they colonised American from England, because they are relogious, and they reject wars, materialism and frivolity. The Amish's main job is farming and their main crops are wheat, oats, clover and corn. Due to the fact that these crops sre not always plentiful in harvest, sometimes they change to diferent kind of jobs.

When I see this website, I can better understand the different kinds of clture in the U.S.A., and people have to respect these different cltures. Like the Amish, they keep their religious and natural life, although it is very amazing for me, but their natural life decreases the pollution in the Earth. Maybe they have some conceptions I can not accept, like they do not use technology, but I respect their environmental protection conception. I hope I can understand more different American culture when I study in the U.S.A..

3 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Alan Tsai said...

I can follow your idea but I think people can chooce any kind of life style. do anything you want!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger aoh200 said...

It looks strict but I think that it is fun in the same time.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger tom said...

I agree with Khalid...it's a very interesting culture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home